Chocolate lovers (i'm guessing 95% of the population?) ... this one's for you!
VEGAN BUTTER BEAN BROWNIES
So rich and chocolatey; these brownies are low fat, low sugar, flour-free and good for you (in moderation, of course)! You would never know they were healthy though...managed to trick a few people!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3/4 cup cacao
- 1 tin (1 1/2 cups) rinsed drained white beans
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs
- sweetener (I used 2tbsp agave)
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- small handful chopped walnuts
- Combine all the ingredients (apart from the walnuts) in the food processor and process for around 3 minutes until thick, smooth and creamy. Mix in chopped walnuts and raisins/ chocolate chips if desired.
- Spread into a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 350F | 175C for 20-25 minutes, or when the edges begin to come away from the tin and the top of the brownie is cracked. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Remove from tin and slice! Enjoy!
*The amount of sweetener and type of sweetener is completely up to you! I like these rich and chocolatey but if you have more of a sweet tooth, I'd recommend adding up to 1/2 cup honey/agave/brown sugar.