Nothing beats fruit and greek yoghurt for breakfast. You have your vitamins from the fruit, protein from the yoghurt...throw in some nuts and seeds and you have a well rounded meal that will prepare you for your day ahead.
Now, you don't need to prepare it in a jar like this; I must admit, it is rather time consuming..
but how good does that look?!
As seen above, I've layered it up as follows:
- MELON: Full of fiber, decreasing the risk of heart problems; vitamin A for improving eye health and vitamin C for repairing body tissue.
- YOGURT: I used 0% Total Greek Yogurt for it's array of health benefits (and I love the texture and taste) but you can use any, including Soya for vegans.
- WHOLEWHEAT CHEERIOS: any cereal will do, or omit completely; I like the added crunch!
- KIWI: According to Zespri, you get more vitamins and minerals per gram, and per calorie, of kiwifruit than most other fruit.
- APPLE: As well as being full of dietary fibre, apples are involved in heart heath, stabilising blood sugar levels and boosting the immune system; well you know what they say about an apple a day!
- MORE CEREAL: I mixed it up a bit by using a different cereal this time (Curiously Cinnamon) but, again, any will do.
- GRAPES: Grapes are high in Vitamin C, K and an antioxidant called Resveratrol which has been found to play a role in both cancer and stroke prevention.
- ALMONDS: Almonds are high in the antioxidant vitamin E as well as the minerals manganese and phosphorus. They are rich in dietary fibre and contain the highest amount of calcium of all nuts.
- DRIED FRUIT: I used Clearly Scrumptious Simply Strawberries (from my Saviour Snacks box) to add a chewy texture to my parfait but you can use and dried fruit, including raisins.
- CACAO NIBS: These are crumbled cacao beans which are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fibre. They add a crunch and a chocolate hit without all of the added ingredients!
As I mentioned above, this will taste exactly the same placed on a plate! Why not make it into a fondue or, as one of my followers on instagram suggested, make into a smoothie...the choice is yours.
What is your favourite fruit? Do you enjoy this kind of breakfast in the morning or would you have this as dessert or snack? Are you following me on instagram yet?! ;)