Sometimes you just need a dinner full of goodness. A meal that will make you feel good and happy and content. I present to you: RAMEN.
The hardest part of this meal is the prep work but, once that's out of the way, it is the simplest meal ever to put together, literally! I have created a step-by-step photo tutorial, complete with a gif-layered image (my new favourite), to emphasise the simplicity of this dish. It really is worth trying, even if it's just for the fact that this is perhaps the one food that it is socially acceptable to slurp; it says so on the wagamama menu ;)
Prepare Ingredients: Shred chicken, slice onion, slice mushrooms, wash and tear spinach and finely grate carrot.
Step One: Prepare Miso according to packet and create 1 litre of stock using 1 1/2 cubes.
Step Two: Steam spinach for 2 minutes in the microwave.
Step Three: Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in wok and stir fry mushrooms and corn for 2 minutes.
Step Four: Cook noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain.
Step Five: Piece it all together!
So...to sum that all up:
Chicken Miso Ramen:
You Will Need (For 3):
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 medium mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of spinach, torn
- 1 cup of sweetcorn
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 100g soba/ buckwheat noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 litre chicken stock (made from 1 1/2 low sodium stock cubes)
- 1 miso soup sachet
- Make up the miso and chicken stock, according to instructions.
- Place spinach in a microwavable container along with a bit of water, cover and steam for 2 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil a wok and flash fry the sweetcorn and mushrooms for 2 minutes over a medium heat.
- Cook the noodles, according to instructions, for four minutes in boiling water.
- Put it all together! First, separate the noodles evenly amongst the three bowls, followed by the chicken, onions, carrot, sweetcorn, mushrooms, spinach and finally miso and stock. Top with spring onions, if desired.
- Sluuuuurp! ;)
What is your favourite 'feel good food'? Do you like Ramen?