Well, that's me finally home-ward bound. All of my uni coursework is finally handed in, half of the contents of my flat packed and all loose ends tied up in Scotland ready for my five month summer at home in Cyprus! It will still be a working holiday right enough; my first shift is tomorrow morning at 6am so for the third night in a row I am hardly going to get any sleep! Oh well, i'll have time for sleep in a couple of weeks.
Anyway, as I have a few hours to wait in the airport, I thought I'd quickly update my blog! This is a delicious meal my mother made the other night, trying to use up the contents of our cupboard and fridge; it turned out surprisingly well. I, of course, added in a few extra veg like beansprouts and cabbage (:
You will need (for 4):
• 1 cup brown rice
• 500g mixture of fresh veg (sliced mushrooms, sliced onions, chopped peppers, julienned carrots, shredded cabbage, beansprouts, corn)
• 400g shredded cooked chicken breast
• 1 tsp rapeseed oil
• 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 tsp white wine vinegar
• 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
• 1/4 cup white wine
• 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
• 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
• sprig fresh rosemary
1. Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the veg on a medium heat for 5-10 mins.
2. Stir in the rice before adding the white wine, white wine vinegar, soy sauce and chicken stock.
3. Bring to boil then simmer, sitting the spring of rosemary on top. Cover and leave for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the lemon juice, sweet chilli sauce, cooked chicken and seasoning to taste; cook uncovered for a further few minutes until all the liquids have evaporated.
Serve topped with a small sprig of rosemary.
Best eaten with chopsticks ;)
Hope you all enjoyed this recipe! Now that I'm back home over the summer I'll hopefully have a lot of new recipes to share with you all.. maybe even some videos!
Do you like risotto? Ever tried eating it with chopsticks? What are your plans for the summer?